on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
paperback or ebook

Man charges police brutality in Troy



TROY – Police are conducting an internal investigation after a city resident says he was unnecessarily beaten by police.

It started with a disagreement between an officer and the accuser on Facebook.

Brian Houle, 40, is charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. But Houle paints a very different picture. He's charging police brutality. He filed charges against Officer Kyle Jones on Tuesday morning.

Houle has two black eyes, cuts to the side of his face and he's wearing an arm brace. He says these are all injuries he suffered overnight after he claims to have been attacked by Jones.

He says that led to a heated phone conversation.

Then he says the officer came out to his street and was snooping around his car with a flashlight overnight.

Houle claims when he went out to see why, the officer followed him back to the porch of his house and assaulted him.

“He kept hitting me with a flashlight, kept hitting me with a flashlight and then a boot, kicked me, punched me. I saw another patrol officer come up and I thought 'Ok, this is my saving grace.' But it wasn't my saving grace. That patrol officer dragged me to the concrete, smashed my face into the concrete,” said Houle.

The report says Houle walked in front of the police car and resisted arrest. A struggle took place from there.

Police will not talk about any of this because of the internal investigation.