on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
paperback or ebook

Allegations of Police Brutality


Allegations of Police Brutality Under Investigation in Clarksdale

CLARKSDALE, MS (abc24.com) - A Mississippi cop is under investigation after a man claims he was the victim of police brutality.

It happened last week in Clarksdale. The encounter sent Queston Skipper to the emergency room and on a quest for justice. The victim filed assault charges against the cop on April 25. He says the officer should be kicked off the force so what happened to him doesn't happen to anyone else.

His face marred beyond recognition, a bruised and battered Queston Skipper claims the abuse came from Clarksdale Police Officer Jerry Rodgers

“I have stitches inside my mouth, my lip was busted open, I got stitches in my nose and a big blood clot in my eye,” Skipper said.

Skipper says Rodgers arrested him as he tried to go into a club. “He threw me into the car face first while in handcuffs and I hit the ground.”

His vision blurry, his face bleeding, Skipper says he tried to get up.

“He swiped me down all three times; I tried to come up three times and he swiped me down from behind,” Skipper said.

“This officer has had no complaints against him and has a spotless record with the Clarksdale Police Department,” said Clarksdale City Attorney, Curtis Botchert.

Botchert says Skipper has had several misdemeanor convictions, which include simple assault, domestic violence and drug possession. He says Clarksdale Police has a different take on what happened that night.

“It's an incident when they were closing a club down and Mr. Skipper tried to go back in that club and was arrested, and obviously a struggle ensued and he sustained some injuries.”

“I don't know how he was resisting when he was in handcuffs before he was ever injured,” said Ellis Pittman, Skipper's lawyer. He says they're filing a civil suit against the officer.

Officer Rodgers is currently on paid administrative leave pending an FBI investigation.

“I just want some justice so it won't happen to no one else,” Skipper said.

That FBI investigation could take more than a year. In the meantime, a circuit court judge will schedule a hearing to determine if the assault charges against the Clarksdale cop will stick.